101-101a Charles Street, Milford Haven,
Pembrokeshire, SA73 2HL
The ethos of our Centre is to provide a safe learning environment where clients are encouraged to:
- Actively participate in activities
- Share experiences and feelings with the rest of the group
- Support and help each other
- Learn from each other
- To take ownership of their own learning experience
- Understand and implement confidentiality
- To provide an open environment which encourages clients to feel welcome to talk openly about issues that are effecting them
- And most importantly have fun and enjoy your time at the centre!
Aims and Objectives
The purpose of the groups held at the centre are to:
- Build client self-esteem and confidence
- Encourage clients to take a leading role in their participation within the group
- To facilitate an environment which supports individual learning as well as encouraging interpersonal skills to be developed.
- Aim to produce a person centred experience to meet the individual needs of the clients
- To set achievable outcomes
- Weekly Evaluations
- For all members of staff to take ownership of the planning and delivery of the sessions
- When any issues arise, for a solution to be sought after for a quick and happy resolution.
During Monday group sessions we run money handling sessions, the theory of which is then used on community based sessions and any issues that the clients have are then fed back and the practiced again during the Monday group sessions.
We also run drama, singing, music and social skills workshops these are to help the clients improve confidence, communication skills, and interaction.
We find these sessions also build trust both between each other and staff. They are a safe environment for the clients to express feelings and issues that may be arising.
Alongside the drama workshops we also run Neuro Linguistic Programming sessions, for the more able of our clients, this is an approach to personal development which improves interpersonal communication and helps change patterns of emotional and mental behaviour. We have found this extremely helpful in helping clients achieve specific goals in life.
We are running a health and wellbeing programme at the moment, all clients are fitness tested, we then run sessions on what health and wellbeing mean, setting goals for health and wellbeing, nutrition, stress management and writing individual exercise plans.
Alongside this health and wellbeing session we run a literacy session and creative writing session, this will now be run once a month and a session on cooking the clients all cook a meal together and eat together we look at recipe planning, budgeting and healthy eating will also be run once a month.
A special thank you to Eileen's for supporting our breakfast club, without them we won't be able to have got the breakfast club up and running:-
2 Marble Hall Road
Tel: 01646 690994
Value Independence CIC 2016
101-101a Charles Street, Milford Haven SA73 2HL
Tel. 01646 695785